Monday, October 7, 2013

October Already?

 



I can't believe it is already October. I am getting so old. I am almost done with college! Registration for my last semester of class already starts the end of this month. And there are only so many options left for classes to take. I think the reason I want to be a teacher is because I have such a love for learning and school. I could be a student for life (minus the homework and tests). Take this ceramics class I am taking. As you can see I can make bowls (kinda). I can make a bowl form. It is not perfect and, by all means, I know I am making a lot of mistakes. But it makes me want to just stay in school and get a BFA. IT almost makes me question if I want to be an English teacher. And I have never doubted this! How can I doubt the things I have known and wanted my entire life?! It is too late for me to turn back on being a teacher! Perhaps it is just because of that moment in the semester when you just don't want to do anything... You just want to be done. Even though classes just started. I think I go through this every semester. Questioning myself. I think that is what keeps us hip and fresh though. Questioning life. And I think about it... what would I do if I didn't teach Engligh? ....teach art? I have a really strong belief that art and words are hand in hand.... that brings me back to being an English teacher. Perhaps all this questioning is just my anticipation to get on in life and be a teacher. Funny thing, I had that same anticipation in high school to get on to college. And now I see how simple high school was. Funny how that works. I am sure in a year and after I have had a hard day at school with kids misbehaving, I will thinking back to how simple it is to be in college taking classes and working at the cell phone office. Oh well. That's what a master's degree is for. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what youre thinking...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...