Monday, October 21, 2013

whirl of a weekend

Well, I had a crazy busy fun weekend. My mom and sister were here and we partied it up. As always. We always run run run and then are exhausted. They drove here from Colorado on Thursday night. They got here about 4 and then we went to a wedding for my mom's cousin. 
It was fun to see my mom's side of the family. We haven't been very close to them, so it was kind of overwhelming talked to so many people who know me but I dont really know them. Still fun to see everyone though. Also, ironically. We sat do for the wedding and pretty soon this couple come up and asks if these two seats are taken and it was Dr. Ostensen and his wife! I guess he is in the same ward as a bunch of my family and neighbors! It would have been even better if we were related but still funny.




 That night we went to Cafe Rio and then The Chocolate for dessert. We had another person take a picture of us but it is funny how those pictures never turn out or are really horrible
The next day was very fun filled. That morning Selby had a tour and interview at the Aveda Institute. And they showed us a good time! She was leaning towards another school, but after that tour she loved it! We got all of her application completed and she is on her way! I think she will fit in there really well. She wants to do hair, makeup, and costumes for film, plays, TV, things like that. And for being an applicant they gave us all facials! I was supposed to have class but ended up leaving early to join them! 

Since I left class, I had to go in that night and get caught up on some things. I have made a lot of bowl-ish forms! I need to work on perfecting it and on learning a new form


Then Saturday was awesome as well! Look at how cute Selby is! She cut off 13" of hair and donated it. And now she has this super cute cut. She got so many compliments. And the hair cut is extremely versatile. And she applied for a job as a front desk at the salon! We are crossing our fingers she gets it because she would do awesome there 



That evening we went up to Ikea and got some stuff for Selby's room here and shopped around. We also went to the Cheesecake Factory for some cheesecake. Yum. And then we shopped some more that night! 


Whew! It was a lot of fun! I didnt get very much done for sure. But it is always worth it to spend time with family. Sunday I slept all afternoon because I was so pooped. I just snuggled in bed with the kitties. And now I am stressing about homework. But that is okay because I would probably be stressing anyways ha. Here's to hoping Selby gets the job so she can move up here sooner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what youre thinking...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...