Monday, September 30, 2013

Great Gatsby Brown Bag and stuff

Last Thursday English Society has a brown bag with Dr Dennis Cutchins. Let me tell you how amazing it was! He talked about The Great Gatsby and it's adaptation to film. It made me love the new film so much more. I think the one things he pointed that the film has gotten a lot of slack about and that Bobby even complain about is the current music in the film but Dr Cutchins talked about how the use of this music helps tie the music to our era and evoke the same feelings. One of the notes I wrote down was that that movie is not recreating the novel or story but recreating the feeling. Also, the biggest secret and hidden fact-- Daisy! Brilliant!

Also, Breaking Bad is over. Holy amazing. I just want to talk to everyone about it! Why do none of my friends watch it!?

I learned how to throw on the wheel Friday. I really wish that I could just go in an play with clay... hopefully soon.

I end with some cat pictures:

Our backyard grass is really long right now and they love it. They are so funny to watch them jump through it. They have a hard time walking so they hop and it is so funny

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what youre thinking...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...