Sunday, September 15, 2013

Black Thumb

I have had two horrible experiences with plants in one day.

One.

My front lawn is browning. Come to find out from my lovely neighbor who is a gardening goddess, we have grub worms.

Let me share with you:

















I have had the heeby jeeby creepy crawlies all day now. It is seriously gross. Supposedly they eat up all the grass roots and then that causes the grass to die obviously.

Two.

I have some baby cacti above my kitchen sink:

Sadly, the middle one died. I thought maybe I didn't water it enough (because I hadn't watered it at all), so it died. But it literally just turned to mush which makes me think it got too much water before it became mine.



And I still had the heeby jeebies when I discovered this and then the tall one fell over and scared me and I dropped the planter bowl and the cacti exploded all over the ground.

And then we went to Del Taco and I was filling up my cup of water and a ton of ice exploded into my cup.

Bobby said I am not allowed to touch anything anymore because it all explodes.

But! This got me thinking that both of these plant problems came to me this way. This made me think about how in teaching I may have students come to me struggling, but I need to not give up on them and just throw them away like I did the cacti. I guess for anecdote's sake, we are trying to fix the lawn. Or the HOA will...

-----

I finished another book. I have been reading like mad. Or I suppose according to Bobby not really reading because I just listen to a lot of audio books. But I feel accomplished. Especially since I have had at least 2 professors tell me that audio books count. Boom.

-----

I got my eyes checked. I knew I needed a new prescription. Now to find new glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what youre thinking...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...