Monday, November 11, 2013

Trinket Shelf

There is a shelf in my house full of special things. I have moved three times; but in every house, the shelf follows holding a main spot on our walls. I like to call it my trinket shelf. But it is really a shelf of memories. Shells, a shard of pottery, pictures, wine bottles, animal figurines, miniature famous landmarks. While some objects do not hold as much meaning as others, I cherish them all because they remind me of the neat things life holds. There are also things on that shelf that would hold no meaning to others. Like a splintered drumstick: a memory of the roughest concert I was lucky to live through. A slip of paper from a cheap Chinese fortune cookie: holding my engagement ring, the promises and future of my husband and me, and the irony of the fortune. Yet that would never be apparent to an innocent onlooker. The items would be just that of trinkets. Thus giving the shelf more meaning to the curator. A shelf of deep meaning.


1 comment:

tell me what youre thinking...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...