Thursday, August 18, 2011

this is just to say

I fell in love with this poem 
by William Carlos Williams (quite a name right?!)
my first semester at BYU
we read it in my American Literature class
and i knew i wanted it in my kitchen

we just spent the last of the wedding money 
on ink for the printer the other day
which on that subject 
the ink was $55 
and we couldve bought a brand new printer for that much

but thus voila, i give you my poem in my kitchen


let me read that small font for you:
"This Is Just to Say 

I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold"


I just think it is one of the best poems ever 
and makes the best wall hanging for a kitchen

but maybe thats the English teacher in me
haha or maybe i am just weird


No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what youre thinking...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...